By Krishnendu Chakrabarty, Visit Amazon's Philip Y. Paik Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Philip Y. Paik, , Vamsee K. Pamula
Because of expanding strength intake and part density, localized "hot spots" have gotten a significant problem in IC (integrated circuit) chip layout - so severe, in truth, that Intel lately needed to yank a circuit since it was once actually burning. For IC engineers grappling with excessive strength dissipation and thermal concerns, new droplet-based cooling thoughts utilizing electronic microfluidics know-how may provide the answer. This definitive consultant paves the best way, with layout and implementation methodologies and prototypes for using this groundbreaking expertise. After reviewing cooling rules and present bulk cooling tools, the ebook brings engineers up to the mark on rising droplet-based architectures. Amply illustrated, this milestone paintings will turn out important in tackling IC warmth concerns that present equipment can now not tackle.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Cooling of Integrated Circuits Using Digital Microfluidics PDF
Best design books
Long ago twenty years a number of actions within the box of water assets administration were superior and intensified. This . upward push had no less than self sufficient purposes. the 1st and major one used to be the continually expanding water call for for agriculture and on one part and the worry concerning the deteriorating surroundings at the different.
Durch eine stetig steigende Komplexität der Informationstechnologien werden die Architekten von Informationssystemen kontinuierlich vor neue Probleme gestellt. Eine große Zahl der Implementierungen wird vom Aufbau und layout des Netzwerks bestimmt, d. h. von der Positionierung der Server und der aktiven Netzwerkkomponenten.
- Distributed Embedded Control Systems: Improving Dependability with Coherent Design
- Design Issues of TeV Linear Colliders
- Digital Design and Verilog HDL Fundamentals
- Color Inspirations: More than 3,000 Innovative Palettes from the Colourlovers.Com Community
- Current-Mode VLSI Analog Filters: Design and Applications
- Advanced BWR Design - Final Safety Eval Report
Additional resources for Adaptive Cooling of Integrated Circuits Using Digital Microfluidics
Keutzer, S. Malik, J. Rabaey, and A. Sangiovanni-Vencentelli. ” Proceedings of the 38th Conference on Design Automation. ACM Press, 667–672, 2001. L. Luz, M. Kandemir, and I. Kolcu. ” Proceedings of the 39th Conference on Design Automation. ACM Press, 213–218, 2002. R. Lebeck, X. Fan, H. Zeng, and C. Ellis. ” Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (2000). ACM Press, 105–116, 2000.  K. B. Kamble. ” Proceedings of the International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design.
3. The droplet consists of a conductive and/or polarizable liquid. A potential is applied between the droplet and the electrode, resulting in a capacitive energy E stored in the insulator. 2). 3: The electrowetting effect. 10) thus states that application to the electrode results in the contact angle decreasing, causing the droplet to spread or effectively wet the surface. If we divide the bottom electrode into discrete electrodes, we can induce Adaptive Hot-Spot Cooling Principles and Design 55 motion in the droplet to any adjacent electrode simply by applying voltages to that electrode.
Zhou, J. Maveety, R. G. W. E. Goodson. ” IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, 25(3):347–355, 2002. N. Z. Black, and A. Glezer. ” International Conference on Thermal, Mechanics, and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM), pp. 408–412, 2002.  R. Schmidt. ” Heat Transfer Engineering, 25(3), 3–12, 2004.  R. Mahajan, C. Chiu, and G. Chrysler. ” Proceedings of the IEEE, 94(8), 1476–1486, 2006. S. Z. Black, A. G. Hartley. ” International Conference on Thermal, Mechanics, and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM), pp.